11 Luxury Kitchen Designs Inspired by Summer
Heat and hospitality go hand in hand, which is why we’ve put together a collection of sizzling summer kitchens that will have you redesigning your own kitchen in preparation for next December!
The perfect summer kitchen design creates a light, airy atmosphere using bright whites and open plan design, expertly leveraging the interface between inside and outdoors. In the warmer months the kitchen becomes the hub of the home for cooking, entertaining and family life – the ideal space to capitalise on beautiful views.
We’ve found 11 gorgeous summer kitchens for you to feast your eyes on and to inspire new design ideas for your perfect summer kitchen. Have a look!
1. This summer kitchen makes us want to organise a weekend, sunset braai with bubbly and cocktails! Caesarstone Snow White has been expertly applied, creating a cosmopolitan, entertainer's dream space! The interplay between indoors and outside is perfect for enjoying the warm weather.
Engela Uys, So Studio, Caesarstone Snow White
2. We love this courtyard garden and how the kitchen has been positioned to flood the space with natural light and clear views of the greenery. We can picture a linen hammock, tea and books in the shade, with a gentle breeze – the perfect entertainment for one!
Jon Case, AA Interiors, Caesarstone Pure White
3. Natural light, open plan living and living greenery walls are a surefire combination to create a welcoming, relaxing space for family and friends to enjoy. Positioning the dining area and lounge space close to the kitchen helps to create a seamless flow from food preparation to dining, to coffee and chocolate at the end of a successful party.
Apartment by SVOYA Studio in Ukraine
4. What could be better for the soul than an African landscape? We love how this space is opened up by stacking doors and lots of glass, creating a natural flow between the interior and the great outdoors. The muted greys help to keep the light, airy atmosphere, especially when paired with cleansing white tones.
Kim Hansen, Kitchen Classics, Caesarstone White Star
5. This is a fabulous summer kitchen design for smaller homes where space is in short supply. The large window opposite the scullery area invites the garden indoors, also linking the outside entertainment area with the food preparation space. Caesarstone Pure White, marble and blonde wood tones create a sophisticated summery space, elevated by the pops of green from the indoor herb pots and a simple, clutter free environment.
By D’Arcy Jones Architecture in Canada
6. Summer and swimming go hand in hand, so it’s no surprise that this marina home has incorporated far-reaching views of the harbour into this summer kitchen design. Once again, Caesarstone Pure White and timber feature strongly in this modern, simple kitchen design, which helps to create an inviting freshness for host and guests alike.
CplusC Architectural Workshop. Photo: Murray Fredericks
7. White and high-gloss, pale grey form the colour palette of this ethereal summer kitchen design. Caesarstone Pure White kitchen countertops create a linen fresh look and feel to the space, while the unusual light fittings are reminiscent of clouds. The glass doors invite guests outside and the view inside.
Designed by Max Strang Architecture in Miami
8. This unusual summer kitchen looks like the perfect venue for any kind of summer party, day or night! Timber and white form the basis for creating this utopian holiday, indoor-outdoor leisure spot. Can you see yourself on the lounger with a cocktail in hand? So can we!
Jensen Architects, California
9. The muted mushroom tones of Caesarstone Shitake are the focal point of this large, open plan kitchen design. Complemented by timber tones and white ceilings, cabinetry and walls, this kitchen is perfectly positioned for the hostess to keep an eye on the party while she completes the finishing touches to the meal. This summer kitchen design is primed to host every kind of summer event!8. This unusual summer kitchen looks like the perfect venue for any kind of summer party, day or night! Timber and white form the basis for creating this utopian holiday, indoor-outdoor leisure spot. Can you see yourself on the lounger with a cocktail in hand? So can we!
Webb and Brown Neaves
10. This simple, white, summer kitchen paired with a pristine, ocean view epitomises holidays, warm weather and entertaining. Who wouldn’t want to spend a quiet (or loud) summer holiday in this spot?
Pearl Bay Residence by Gavin Maddock Design
11. Although this isn’t a summer kitchen, this innovation is certainly a summery one! Why not incorporate a backlit ice channel into your kitchen countertop? It can double as an icebox for party drinks or an indoor herb trough. Either way, we love it!
A bachelor pad in Canada designed by Kelly Reynolds